Boise State Braces for More Friday Games, Late Starts
Attendance was a huge topic of conversation during the Broncos 2017 season. There were plenty of reasons why BSU fans backed off coming to home games, but the biggest reason was the late kickoff times.
Those late kickoffs are rough. By the time you pack-up your tailgate spot and actually get an Uber, you're walking into your front door well after midnight. Even the away games are hard to watch on TV. I lost count of how many times I fell asleep on the couch trying to stay up to watch those late games last season.
It sure would be nice to be able to start tailgating early on a Saturday morning, cook up brunch in the Albertsons Stadium Lot, cheer on the boys and be home by 4 or 5, wouldn't it?
Well, don't get your hopes up that it's going to happen this year. Boise State just got a fresh update to the schedule they released last month. It includes two games being moved to Friday nights, two kickoffs after 8 p.m. and one new kickoff at 7 p.m. Take a look at the updated schedule below.
Boise State Football Schedule 2018 (Game times TBD unless otherwise noted)
- Saturday, September 1 @ Troy
- Saturday, September 8 vs UConn
- Saturday, September 15 @ Oklahoma State
- Saturday, September 29 @ Wyoming, 5 p.m.
- Saturday, October 6 vs San Diego State
- Saturday, October 13 @ Nevada, 8:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 19 vs Colorado State, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, October 27 @ Air Force, 5 p.m.
- Saturday, November 3 vs BYU
- Friday, November 9 vs Fresno State, 8:15 p.m.
- Friday, November 16 @ New Mexico, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, November 24 vs Utah State
(Home games at Albertsons Stadium noted in bold)