World Famous Oscar Mayer Wienermobile Rolls into Boise to Capture Unforgettable Photos
If you can't look at a photo of the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile without instantly humming its legendary jingle, then mark your calendars for one of these opportunities!
Can you believe the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile has been around for 85 years? The first time the iconic vehicle hit the road was during the Great Depression in 1936. Just like it does today, that very first Wienermobile toured the country for grocery store openings, parades and hospital visits. There was only one Wienermobile at the time and "Little Oscar" drove it from city to city. He would pave the way for the future generation of Hot Doggers who are part of the fleet today.
We're not exactly sure what caused it, but the Wienermobile took a nine year hiatus before returning for its 50th birthday in 1986. It's return was met with such love and admiration, that Oscar Mayer launched a fleet a six Wienermobiles two years later.
The fleet of six has changed over the last 33 years. The giant hot dogs themselves have gotten four feet longer. "Hot Dogger" became the official title of the crews that jump behind the wheel. But the joy that people see when they see the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile roll into their town? Well, that's very much the same now as it was in 1936 and Boise's about to get a HUGE dose of it!
Listen to Michelle Heart mornings on 107.9 LITE-FM and download the FREE LITE-FM app.
The Oscar Mayer Wienermobile rolls into town next Tuesday, August 17 and will hang out in the Treasure Valley for most of that week! Here's where it's going to be and where you can stop by for a photo!
- Tuesday, August 17 | 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Albertsons - 1219 Broadway Ave, Boise
- Tuesday, August 17 | 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Albertsons - 250 S Eagle Rd, Eagle
- Friday, August 20 | 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- 10700 W Ustick Rd, Boise
- Friday, August 20 | 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- 10565 W Lake Hazel Rd, Boise
- Saturday, August 21 | 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- 3499 E Fairview Ave, Meridian
- Saturday, August 21 | 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- 1650 W State Street, Boise
- Sunday, August 22 | 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- 909 E Parkcenter Blvd, Boise
- Sunday, August 22 | 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- 6560 S Federal Way, Boise