Old Idaho Penitentiary Cancels Frightened Felons, Unveils New ‘Locktober’ Events
During any other year, Frightened Felons at the Old Idaho Penitentiary is one of the hottest tickets in town. You have to be quick to get your tickets before they sell out.
Unfortunately, COVID-19 forced the Old Pen to call off the night that includes touring the only haunted cell house in Boise, a Thriller performance, one of a kind photo ops and more. Frightened Felons might be off, but the Idaho State Historical Society remains commitment to bringing a little Halloween themed joy to the Boise during what's been a pretty disappointing year with some events that are a little more friendly when it comes to social distancing guidelines.
They're calling the series of events at the Old Pen 'Locktober.' A limited number of people will be allowed to enter the Old Pen each hour, so they recommend pre-purchasing tickets online. You can click the name of each event to learn a little more about what each 'Locktober' event includes and buy your tickets!
- Night Tours | Friday, October 2
- Buried Secrets: Cemetery Tours | Saturday, October 3
- Paranormal Prison Movie Night | Friday, October 9 & Saturday, October 10
- Night Tours | Friday, October 16
- Paranormal Investigation | Saturday, October 17 (Sold Out)
- Paranormal Prison Movie Night | Friday, October 23 & Saturday, October 24
- Member Monday | Monday, October 26
- Tuesday Tails (Friendly family programming themed around prison pets and animals) | Tuesday, October 27
- Wicked Wednesday (The darker side of history) | Wednesday, October 28
- Sweet 'N Spooky (Family friendly, trick or treat event) | Thursday, October 29
- Cell Block Stroll (18+ event) | Friday, October 30 & Saturday, October 31