Three Boise Area Theaters Entertaining Families With $1 Summer Movies
The unofficial kick off of Summer 2021 is here!
Boise offers so many ways for families to cool down when things start to heat up. Swimming at Lucky Peak, Eagle Island or Quinn's Pond. Taking a dip in one of the public pools. Screaming as you plunge down Snake River Run at Roaring Springs. Running through one of the splash pads around the Treasure Valley.
But, if you know what else we can do this summer that was a little difficult to do in 2020? Grab a giant tub of popcorn, a soda that's the size of a bucket and bask in the cool AC of a movie theater. With the exception of mom and pop theater, Overland Park Cinemas, most theaters in the Treasure Valley were closed until August. Some even went through a second closure in October.
But this year? All of the major theaters are open again and ready to entertain guests! At the Edwards branded Regal theaters, a new year also means the return of the Regal Summer Movie Express series! They'll show $1 kids movies every Tuesday and Wednesday beginning on June 1.
According to their website, all three Treasure Valley Edwards theaters (Boise Spectrum, Nampa Gateway and Nampa Spectrum) are participating in the program. Here's a look at what's playing this year!
- June 1-2: Smurfs: The Lost Village & A Dog's Way Home
- June 8-9: Smallfoot & Playing With Fire
- June 15-16: Storks & Lego Movie
- June 22-23: Emoji Movie & Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
- June 29-30: Lego Batman Movie & Pokemon Detective Pikachu
- July 6-7: Croods: A New Age & Muppet Movie
- July 13-14: Lego Ninjago Movie & Trolls World Tour
- July 20-21: Sonic the Hedgehog & Sing
- July 27-28: Spider-man: Into the Spider-Verse & Angry Birds Movie 2
- August 3-4: Minions & Lego Movie 2: The Second Part
- August 10-11: Despicable Me & Kung Fu Panda