Treasure Valley Winter Driving Tips
You know the drill, everyone wants a snow day, until they have to drive in it. Here's some Winter Driving tips if you're traveling across the state or down the block.
Here's a few Winter driving tips from our friends at Consumer Reports. You can always go to that link for more details. Let's get to it!
1. Clear off your vehicle before hitting the road. Driving in the snow and ice is tough enough. Why limit your ability to see what's out there.
2. Accelerate Slowly to reduce wheel spin.
3. Allow longer braking distance.
4. Don't lock your wheels while braking.
5. Perform one action at a time when accelerating, braking, and turning.
6. Avoid sudden action when cornering.
7. Be ready to correct for a slide.
8. Don't let 4wd or Awd give you a false sense of security.
9. Be extra wary of others on the road.