Boise First Date Ideas That Don’t Involve Drinking
If you want to cut the alcohol and really remember that first date, we've got some alcohol-free summer date ideas that will definitely be memorable enough to lead to date number two.
There's nothing wrong with happy hour, but if you've been on the dating apps for awhile and you're looking for something different to do besides drink at that first meeting, this handy list might provide some inspiration. Then you can enter date number two with a clear head.
Relationship experts at Bustle came up with several ideas for fun summer dates that don't involve drinking, and we can make most of them happen right here in Boise.
1. See An Outdoor Movie Or Concert. At the very least we can find some live music on a restaurant patio, and those "movies in the park" events will start coming back when the weather cools off. If you have a big screen in your backyard, that would be super cool.
2. Take A Boat Ride. Boats are sexy, and a boat ride is a great way to impress your date guys. Especially if it's actually yours and you didn't just rent it to get a good profile pic.
3. Visit A Bookstore. Barnes N Noble or Rediscovered Books are some top spots that people pick in Boise, according to Yelp.
4. Have A Picnic. At 9am. Because it's hot. A picnic could totally work if you can find some shade at parks around Boise or Nampa or wherever you are, or have that picnic on a boat and then jump into the water to cool off.
5. Visit A Botanical Garden. The Idaho Botanical Garden is hosting some awesome concerts this summer and makes for a great place to visit on any ole Saturday. It's also a good spot for a romantic proposal once it's time to pop the question.
6. Go To A Baseball Game. Maybe it's a youth baseball game in Boise, we can check out the Boise Hawks. Baseball games are fun, and you can test each other's sports knowledge and interest levels.
7. Visit A Museum. The Boise Art Museum would be romantic and would teach you everything you need to know about your potential mate's ability to spot something from the impressionist period. And this will be the last weekend for Heather Carson's Sculpted Light exhibit. Don't miss that one.
8. Play Mini Golf. Again, activity is good because it eliminates the risk of awkward silences. And women can win this golf game. That's important! Wahooz is the place to be for mini golf.
9. Do A Water Sport. Tube, paddleboard, or ski. Or float the Boise River. You'll get to see each other in bathing suits and rub sunscreen on each other, and it will be great.
10. Do Something Active. Like ride bikes on the Greenbelt. Just wait til the sun goes down because no girl wants to sweat on the first date.
11. Visit An Amusement Park. Roaring Springs Water Park is perfect because it's so darned hot right now and being submerged in water makes sense. TripAdvisor has some other ideas about attractions around Idaho if you're in the mood for a first date road trip.
A love connection is near! We hope this helps, and if these ideas fail we'll see you back at the bar for dates two, three, and four. Good luck.