This 15 Minute Instant Pot Recipe Will Revolutionize the Way You Eat Chili
Thursday, February 28 is National Chili Day! Want to celebrate, but didn't get your ingredients in the slow cooker before work? We're here to come to your rescue!
During Boise State season, my husband and I try to be good tailgate guests by bringing something everyone at the party we're crashing can enjoy. My husband's go to recipe is the "Bronco Beef Chili" that the Idaho Beef Council introduced us to a few seasons ago when they were sponsoring one of the games. It's delicious, but for reason making this chili becomes a five to six hour ordeal for him. Who has time for that?!
If you're a busy mom trying to throw together a quick, delicious dinner for your family after a work day...it's certainly not you! That's why I wanted to share MY go-to chili recipe. This one is so simple that your kids can get it started for you while you're on the way home from the office...and the best part? From start to finish, it only takes about 30 minutes: 2 minutes of dumping stuff into the pot, 8-10 minutes for your electric pressure cooker to get up to pressure, 15 minutes of cook time and 5 minutes or less to shred your chicken (use a hand mixer to make that go quicker!)
Instant Pot Taco Ranch Chili
- 1 pack of taco seasoning
- 1 oz pack of ranch seasoning mix
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 16 oz. cans mild chili beans
- 1 16 oz. can white beans
- 1 10 oz. can Rotel
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Combine all ingredients in Instant Pot. Do NOT drain or rinse the beans.
- Cook at high pressure for 15 minutes. Do a quick release once cooking cycle is complete.
- Remove chicken breasts from pot and shred with a fork. Put chicken back in pot and stir.
- Serve with your choice of toppings (sour cream, shredded cheese or fresh cilantro)
Recipe adapted from The Novice Chef.