*NSYNC Is Coming to Salt Lake City and We Cannot Keep Calm
Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out. We may need to hyperventilate through a paper bag to get us through this news!
Ever since *NSYNC (sans Justin Timberlake) performed with Ariana Grande during her set at Coachella reunion rumors have spread like a wildfire. A lot of those are in part to a Variety interview with Lance Bass where he admitted that the guys would sit down together the summer to discuss what a reunion tour would look like, even if it meant doing it without JT. He doubled down in a second interview with PopCrush saying the guys would be dumb not to entertain the idea now that the guys are getting actually offers. Lance quickly followed up that sentiment that as a quartet he, JC, Joey and Chris, are slow to make any real decisions so it wouldn't be happening anytime soon...partially because he and the other guys did go on to have careers outside of the boy band.
Chris Kirkpatrick, *NSYNC's founding member, went on to be the voice of Chip Skylark on Nickelodeon's Fairly Odd Parents. The character was meant to be a parody of boy band singers like his band mates, the Backstreet Boys and 98º. He eventually moved from voice acting into actual screen acting as a lifeguard in Sharknado 3. That relationship with SyFy set him up to star along side band mate Joey Fatone, in their post-apocalyptic Western Dead 7 in 2016.
Joey's big acting break came when he landed the role of Toula's cousin, Angelo, in 2002's My Big Fat Greek Wedding. He returned to the role in the 2016 sequel. Over the years he's also been a contestant on Dancing With the Stars and the recent FOX smash, The Masked Singer.
At this point, you're probably wondering why in the world I'm giving you the abridged version of Chris and Joey's IMDB pages. Well, because they've done just enough acting to get an invitation to appear at FanX, Salt Lake City's Fall Comic Convention taking place September 5-7! Chris is appearing Thursday and Friday and Joey's dates are still being confirmed. Photo-op information for both the guys is TBA, but if FanX is similar to other comic conventions there's a good chance the guys will do a joint *NSYNC photo-op.
It might not be ALL of *NSYNC coming to Salt Lake City, but for a fan-girl who's walls were plastered in TigerBeat posters of the guy as a kid, two-fifths of the band is good enough for me! Right now, there's no amount of money too great for me to pay to make the drive and meet these guys! After all, the only thing I wanted to do when we were in Los Angeles earlier this year was track down their star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Here's What You Need to Know if You Go:
- A Multipass that gets you into all three days of the convention are currently $51
- A Thursday pass is currently $17
- A Friday pass is currently $34
- If by some chance Joey is appearing Saturday as well and it's the only day you can make it to SLC, a Saturday pass is currently $43
- Photo-Ops will be available for a yet to be determined price. Prices for other previously announced guests start at $30 for lesser known voice actors and get higher for more popular actors like 24's Kiefer Sutherland, who has the most expensive photo-op at $100
- Both guys are expected to take part in an autograph session where you get to chat a little longer than the quick photo-ops. These will also be available at an additional cost.
- A general admission pass will get you into any panel programming Chris and Joey are part of as long as it's not a premium "Ultimate Xperience"
Other Notable Guests Appearing at FanX
- Kiefer Sutherland - 24, Designated Survivor
- Christina Ricci - The Adams Family, Lizzy Borden Chronicles
- Jason Issacs - Harry Potter, Star Trek
- Kel Mitchell - All That, Kenan & Kel
- Lana Parilla - Once Upon a Time, 24
- Ryan Hurst - Remember the Titans, Sons of Anarchy
- Ross Marquand - The Walking Dead, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: End Game
- Click HERE for the full line-up