84th Annual Emmett Cherry Festival Underway
Normally my yearly trip to Emmett happens in January when it's wicked cold and icy, but I may just have to take a trip out there when it's sunny and 75º this weekend!
I mean, the warm weather is a nice change from the frigid conditions we face every year for Emmett's Freeze Out Challenge Race! This weekend looks perfect for the kick off of the 84th Annual Emmett Cherry Festival! Want to pack up the car for a quick day trip to Gem County?
Entrance to the festival is FREE, as in entry into any of the Cherry Festival Contests! If you're looking to take the kids to ride the carnival rides, they'll be open from at 1 p.m. Wednesday-Friday and Noon on Saturday!
Here's a look at some of the most popular events happening at the Emmett Cherry Festival from June 13-16!
Cherry Festival Children's Parade
- When: Friday, June 15 at 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Blaser Park
- Theme: Happiness Is...
- When: Saturday, June 16 7 a.m. - Noon
- Where: Gem County Senior Center
- Price: Kids Under 12 $4, Adults 13+ $6
Fireman Hose Competition
- When: Saturday, June 16 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Where: Corner of Main St. & McKinley Ave
Cherry Pit Spit
- When: Saturday, June 16 12:30 p.m.
- Where: Court House front Steps
Cherry Pie Eating Contest
- When: June 16 at 1 p.m.
- Where: Entertainment Stage
Cherry Festival Parade
- When: Saturday, June 16 6 p.m.
- Where: Hwy 16 to Washington Ave & Main St
Cherry Festival Demolition Derby
- When: Saturday, June 16 7 p.m.
- Where: Gem County Fairgrounds