Recipe a Week Challenge: Taco Ranch Chicken Chili
Is your fear of missing out at an all time high now that all of your friends have an Instant Pot? I hate to make it worse, but these electric pressure cookers are well worth the investment!
It started with one of my teammates having an Instant Pot. Then it was two or three. Then it was over half of Team Run Boise after the holidays! Not only was I incredibly jealous of my friends' new gifts, but also extremely curious about the quick prep/cook times they were posting with their new recipes.
For those of you who aren't familiar with an Instant Pot, they're a combined electrically controlled pressure cooker and slow cooker. It's main goal? To reduce the number of pots or pans needed to make a family meal down to one. Using the pressure cooker controls also greatly reduces the amount of cook time for your dish.
When I get home from work, I'm dead tired so the idea of having an incredible meal ready in under an hour seemed like a dream come true. Enter my friend Audri. She surprised me with an Instant Pot for my birthday last week and I couldn't wait to try it out! I didn't get around to opening it until after the fashion show I was in on Saturday and the chilly, snowy conditions inspired me to try chili first! (Normally it takes Nate hours to make chili on the stovetop or in the slow cooker.)
From start to finish, this recipe only took me 40 minutes to make. It's loosely based on a recipe from The Novice Chef. I had to make a few adjustments since I couldn't find the white chili beans at the grocery store across the street from myself.
Taco Ranch Chicken Chili (Based on a recipe from The Novice Chef)
- 1 pack of taco seasoning
- 1 oz pack of ranch seasoning mix
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 16 oz. cans mild chili beans
- 1 16 oz. can white beans
- 1 10 oz. can Rotel
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Combine all ingredients in Instant Pot. Do NOT drain or rinse the beans.
- Cook at high pressure for 15 minutes. Do a quick release once cooking cycle is complete.
- Remove chicken breasts from pot and shred with a fork. Put chicken back in pot and stir.
- Serve with your choice of toppings (sour cream, shredded cheese or fresh cilantro)