A Beloved Boise Food Truck Business Needs Our Support & Prayers
This has to be one of the most heartbreaking stories I've ever had to share with you but I firmly believe that some good will come of sharing this with you. As soon as I read the story, I immediately thought: "The community will rally and this family will endure."
I believe in you.
Boise Business Owners Need Our Support
As I was scrolling through Facebook yesterday, I came across a devastating post from a local food truck, Fusion Frites that was showing support for their fellow food truck business, The Rusty Dog. In the post, they shared that Robert Greiner Jr., who has strong ties to The Rusty Dog food truck, was involved in a devastating accident that left him paralyzed, unable to breathe on his own, and unable to speak. To add to the heartbreak, Greiner Jr. also lost his dog, Abby, who was involved in the accident and passed away next to him at the scene.
I can't even begin to imagine the pain that this family is feeling and of course, the pain that Robert Greiner Jr. is experiencing. Here is the statement from the family's GoFundMe page:
Two days after Christmas, Robbie was in a tragic car accident where he broke his neck and bruised his spinal cord. His dog, Abby, did not survive the accident and died laying by his side as the ambulance came for him. We are asking for funds to help Robbie as he struggles with paralysis from the neck down and tracheotomy, currently with no ability to talk or breathe on his own. These funds will go towards the necessary bills he will face as he goes through rehab and any current and future medical expenses.
Let's get straight to the point - here's how we can help...
- Donate to the family's GoFundMe.
- At the time of this posting, the family is at $8,327 out of their $50,000 goal. Let's help them surpass that goal or at least reach it.
- Book them for your next event.
- https://www.therustydog.biz/catering - there it is. Donating is obviously the best way to go, but if you have a large event coming up, let's funnel our money into this family.
- Support them by following them and sharing your support:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/therustydogidaho
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/ClKFV5PNpT1/?hl=en
- Website: https://www.ownarustydog.com/a-note-from-nic-greiner
Every little bit helps and again - I have the utmost faith in our community and that we'll rally to help this family endure a difficult and devastating tragedy.