Boise Valley is America’s 3rd Thinnest Metro Area
We've done it again! Boise's one of the top metro areas in the U.S. for being fit and thin.
It's National Nutrition Month and with Americans spending over $315 Billion annually on obesity related medical treatment, Wallethub has taken a look at 2016's Fattest Cities In America. Luckily, we're on the backside of that poll. (Pun intended) :)
Boise ended up taking 3rd Thinnest metro area in America. Not bad! Here's how we break down in a number of different areas. The higher the number, the better we're doing.
- 82nd – % of Overweight Adults
- 61st – % of Obese Adults
- 65th – % of Physically Inactive Adults
- 32nd – % of Adults with High Cholesterol
- 71st – % of Adults Eating Fewer than 1 Serving of Fruits/Vegetables per Day
- 95th – % of Adults with Diabetes
- 68th – % of Adults with High Blood Pressure
- 27th – % of Overweight Teens
- 78th – % of Obese Teens
- 22nd – % of Overweight Children