Barber Park Raft Rental, Shuttle Service Closed Through Thursday
The concept of time is so screwy in 2020, isn't it? Days feel like weeks. Weeks feel like months, but somehow we're already entering the final days of Boise River Float season.
Float season isn't over until the final tubes come out of the river on Labor Day, but with many kids heading "back to school" (even if that means virtual classes from home) the services that support floaters have begun to operate on a limited schedule.
Starting today, Boise River Raft and Tube's rental services, the Barber Park parking kiosk, snack shack and Ann Morrison to Barber shuttle service will be closed Monday - Thursday. They'll re-open for the weekend on Friday at noon.
If you were planning a mid-week float, you're more than welcome to hit the river using your own raft. You'll just need to make your own arrangements to get back to your vehicle at Barber Park after you reach the take out area. Just remember, due to the COVID-19 pandemic there are no air stations available on the beach at Barber Park this year. You'll have to bring your own inflation device or come with your raft already inflated.
Here's a look at the remaining rental and shuttle service hours for the 2020 float season:
Boise River Raft and Tube Rental Hours
- August 24-27: Closed
- August 28: 12 - 6 p.m.
- August 29-30: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- August 31 - September 3: Closed
- September 4: 12 - 6 p.m.
- September 5-7: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Ann Morrison to Barber Shuttle Hours
- August 24-27: No Shuttle Service
- August 28: 1-9 p.m., shuttle departs on the hour every hour
- August 29-30: 12-9 p.m., shuttle departs approximately every 20 minutes
- August 31 - September 3: No Shuttle Service
- September 4: 1-9 p.m., shuttle departs on the hour every hour
- September 5-7: 12-9 p.m., shuttle departs approximately every 20 minutes