Recipe a Week Challenge: BBQ Pulled Chicken Sliders
Is any one else experiencing HUGE football withdrawal right now?
Because I know I am! We went to dinner at Old Chicago the other night. In the lull between action in "The Masters", NBA basketball and baseball, they left on ESPN Classic (or something like that.) The channel just so happened to be showing some old college football game and even though I KNEW the game wasn't live, I was so into it that I was cheering like it was. If you're withdrawal symptoms are as bad as mine, there's good news! Boise State's Spring Game is set to kick off this Saturday at 3:30 p.m.
Want to gear up for the game with some easy tailgate grub? Then you have to try one of my new favorite recipes! Part of the reason I wanted an electric pressure cooker. to begin with, was to make BBQ pulled pork. Yes, I know most people do their's in a regular slow cooker but I don't have the patience to wait hours for my food to be done! The Instant Pot lets me have a similar meal done in under 40 minutes.
Now, most of the recipes for BBQ pulled pork I found were a little more involved than the ones for chicken. I wasn't feeling well so hot, so I chose to take the path of least resistance and do chicken instead. After tasting these, I don't know if I'll ever try the pork because these were absolutely perfect and really brought the heat (spicy heat.) These will definitely be making an appearance at our tailgates during the upcoming Bronco season!
Pressure Cooker Pulled Chicken (via Dear Crissy)
- 2-2.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 1 can cola (I used Dr. Pepper in mine)
- 1/4 cup white cuper
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 18 oz. bottle BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet & Spicy)
- Fill electric pressure cooker with chicken, chili powder, sugar, salt, onion, garlic and green pepper.
- Cover with cola.
- Lock lid into place and get use poultry setting (high pressure) for 15 minutes.
- Once pot beeps, perform a quick release to release steam.
- Using oven mitts, remove inner pot and drain liquid. (I did this by just pouring everything into a colander) Remove chicken and use two forks to shred meat.
- Return inner pot to pressure cooker and use the keep warm function to heat everything back up. Add chicken and stir in bottle of BBQ sauce.
- Serve on slider buns.
Love my "Recipe a Week Challenge" meals? Download the new LITE-FM mobile app HERE and swipe right on the alerts for Michelle in the Morning to get a new recipe delivered directly to your smartphone every Tuesday at 4 p.m! That's just in time for you to head to the grocery store on the way home from the office.