VOTE For Your Favorite Woman!
You’ve nominated your female family member or friend that you think should be on our Wicked Wall of Women – now it’s time to vote for your favorite!
The woman with the most votes will WIN a pair of tickets to see Wicked at The Morrison Center!
- Kelly Anderson- My nominee has done nothing less than set an amazing example of what a strong and independent woman should embody. My nominee has been knocked down several times in life, but she always gets up, dusts herself off and carries on. She always picks up and moves forward with a heart and mind full of determination, the determination to not only do better by herself but more importantly for her children. She has always put others first but will never regret doing so even if it is not always in her best interest.For this reason, I have nominated the one person who I feel exemplifies all qualities that the Wicked Women of LITE should have. I have nomintaed the one person who I feel deserves to be put first for once. The one person who I feel deserves a night to feel special and to know that all she has done did not go unnoticed. This is why I nominate this person for the LITE Wicked Women Wall… the most wickedly awesome person I have ever known… my mother.
- Paula Daniels – Well, aside from the face that my wife is already awesome, I entered her because I know she would LOVE LOVE LOVE to go see Wicked! We fell in love with the song Defying Gravity and read the book. My wife is truly just like Elphaba! She’s strong, smart, funny, compassionate, and brave. She’s given up having a career so that she could raise our three kids, one of which is named Elphaba we loved Wicked so much, and I know from watching her it’s the toughest job in the world. She’s constantly doing something for others. I can’t think of a more wickedly awesome woman than my wife! Babe, if you read this, I love you more everyday and I’m so proud of you and all you do with the kids and for others!
- Karen Jensen – Karen is a single mother of two, a full-time NICU nurse, and has devoted her free time for the last two decades to the Volunteer Ski Patrol at Bogus Basin. At Bogus, she has helped countless injured guests, taught CPR & Outdoor Emergency care to upcoming patrollers, and helped shape the Ski Patrol into the great organization it is today. Thank you Karen for all you do!
- Merianna Smith – My mother does so much for everyone. She is kind, loving, smart, and witty. And she works tirelessly. Her parents are in an assisted living facility and she does so much for them that they don’t even realize. Tons of paperwork, gas, and time is spent on them. She loves them so much, as well as us, her family. There are five of us at home, and one who’s getting married in 8 weeks. She is my best friend, my saint, my companion through hard times, my confidant, my protector, as well as my mother. She looks out for me and my best interests, even though I don’t always see it that way at first. I guess that’s part of being a teen. I love her so much, and unfortunately I don’t tell her as often as I probably should. And I know she would enjoy the day out away from the family and all the stress she deals with day to day.
- Til Croasdale – At 75 years old, she volunteers daily at the nursing home her mother was in before she passed away. Even though my great grandma has been gone for years, my grandma makes her way to the nursing home every day, no matter what the weather, and serves lunch to the seniors there. She comes home and makes lunch for my uncle and grandpa, then drives to Kuna to help my aunt, who has been ill for 3 years. She cleans, runs to the store, and keeps her company. It’s not rare that she shows up at my doorstep with groceries or dinner, just because she knows I’m overwhelmed and wants to make my day a little brighter. In the summer, she waits by the mailbox for the mailman with a cold bottle of water, takes the construction workers in the neighborhood cold drinks, grocery shops for her friend on the other side of town, and babysits for me any time I ask. She is the most selfless person I know, and would do anything for anyone, any time.
- Loasa Thorsted – There are so many reasons I feel Loasa should be pampered. She never thinks of herself, she gives and gives to others until she has nothing left to give. Unfortunately she does this to the determent of caring for herself. She goes above and beyond, blessing the lives of all those around her. The most recent display of her compassion and devotion to in my life has been ongoing for the past 6 weeks. I just recently had my first baby. After a c-section, I was unable to return to my home as I wasn’t allowed to do stairs or drive. My mother graciously opened her home to myself, my husband and our newborn. Not only letting us stay with her for 2 weeks, but driving my husband to and from work as he doesn’t have a license to drive in this country yet, but also taking me to and from every doctors appointment for myself and my baby girl. After returning to my own home, I went from baby blues to postpartum depression. My mother has been an angel, coming over at the drop of a hat and letting me get some sleep, or taking my daughter to her house for a few hours so I can get on top of my emotions. Not to mention that during my pregnancy I was high risk so I was unable to work, and dropping to one income meant my husband and I were in a tight spot…we ended up staying with her for 3 months before being able to get our feet back on the ground ad get our own place once again. She has been a wonderful example to me and to many others throughout her life. I hope to be able to show her how wonderful it can be to relax a bit and take care of herself, but I cannot do this without your help.
- Teri Craig – Teri, my mother, raised 2 beautiful girls by herself and has helped us raise our children, her grandchildren! She has always been there for myself and my sister, her gran babies are her world and she would do anything an everything for us. Lately though she has had a lot of struggles as she had a shoulder injury 3 years ago, after 4 surgeries and countless days of pain she has hit bottom. This would be a small way to not only thank her for everything she has done for us, but that there can be good days regardless of the pain she will never be able to get rid of. Please give my mom that good day!
- Janet Harward- My mother is the most giving, selfless, AMAZING person I know. She has always put others before herself. I first saw it when I was a little girl with me and my 7 siblings. I told myself I wanted to be just like her when I grew up. I didn’t know that it would be so difficult. She is amazing in every aspect of her life and I don’t think I could ever quite reach what she has done and still continues to do. She is always putting family and friends before herself. She is there for you no matter what you need, whether it be a listening ear or a shoulder to cry on. I watch my mother in awe daily, grateful that I was blessed to be born into such an amazing family. If I could think of one person who deserves a day just for them, it would be without a doubt, my mother Janet Harward!!
- Jane McLauglin – She is tirelessly serving others. She works at Rocky Mountain Cathedral, serving the community there relentlessly. Her Father is aging and having a hard time, so she is splitting time with her brother giving him care 24/7. She is always helping others, bringing dinners, offering help. She is amazing.