My Goals For The New Year
I came across an article over the weekend that got me thinking about my expectations of 2014. Shannon Kaiser talks about letting go of stress, which is easier said than done. As she puts it:
Becoming more grounded and happy starts with letting go of worry and stress. I learned this in my own journey, through overcoming drug addictions, healing myself from depression, and walking away from a career in corporate to follow my heart and be a successful writer and life coach. In the process, I had to let go of a lot of things to become the person I am today.
In the article she compiles a list of the top 20 ways she lets go of stress, which include:
- Let go of all thoughts that don’t make you feel empowered and strong.
- Let go of regrets; at one point in your life, that “whatever” was exactly what you wanted.
I know I will always have those moments of stress but my resolution for 2014 is to be mindful of my thoughts and consciously make an effort to think positively. Here are a few quotes to inspire me in the months to come:
- You get in life what you have the courage to ask for. – Oprah Winfrey
- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. - Buddha
- I’ve learned you can tell a lot by a person by the way (s)he handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights. – Maya Angelou