This Has to Be The Worst Idaho Song Ever
There have been a ton of songs about Idaho over the years, check out these 10 before I share the worst one with you...
1) We will start with the most obvious, The Idaho State Song: "Here We Have Idaho" If you have been in Idaho for any amount of real time you should know this one. It was written by Sallie Hume-Douglas and Craig Chernos arranged the piece.
"You've heard of the wonders our land does possess,
Its beautiful valleys and hills.
The majestic forests where nature abounds,
We love every nook and rill
And here we have Idaho,
Winning her way to fame."
2) "Idaho Love" , this 2013 gem is from Spencer's Own, previously called The Standards. The clever lyrics talk about specific landmarks, towns, and what it is like to be in love in Idaho. From the Snake River to Sun Valley and from North to South, this song has it all, including a great country twang.
"She gets wild in the cold cold winter, and she's on fire when the lightning comes.
A hidden gem in the western wind, She's everything I need I love the freedom, she's holdin' me, My Idaho Love."
3) "Private Idaho" B52's - This song brought Idaho to the forefront of conversations all around the country when the B52s sang about the great state. According to hello music theory, "The song was released as a single in September 1980 from their second studio album, Wild Planet. It was their second US Billboard Hot 100 entry at #74.
"You're living in your own private Idaho
Living in your own private Idaho
Underground like a wild potato"
4) "Idaho" by BoDeans. Hello music Theory describes the song as, "The song is about a man dreaming of a life in Idaho. There, he can be free from the world’s problems, albeit the problems still exist. The lyrics describe the idyllic beauty of Idaho and the breathtaking tranquility of a never-ending star-studded sky."
5) "The Boise Song" by Jewel. For those who are tired of hearing out of towners say Boise with a "Z"
6) "Idaho" Josh Ritter
7) "Idaho" Train
8) For the upbeat, spunky Idahoan, here is Delta Spirit's "Idaho".
9) "Idaho" by Bryan Lanning
10) "Idaho" Reckless Kelly
Now I am not saying all of the above are songs that I would have on repeat, but there are far easier to hear than this next one. The rhyming is well interesting. It is also a reggae song, probably the last genre you think of when you think of Idaho. It's such an odd and hilarious song that Jimmy Fallon featured it on The Tonight Show in his segment "Do Not Playlist." It's so bad, it's good.
"I'm up in Idaho with the deer, and the moose, and the buffalo
Can't forget about potatoes. That's what make the place so famous, you know."
"The people are real, you know they're not fake
And I really love skiing on the lake"