Here are some tips from Rocky Mountain Hormone Center. Answer the trivia question to earn points!
- Find a provider you feel comfortable discussing any health issue you are having.
- Expect to be evaluated about the medications you are taking, side effects, and why you are taking them.
- Avoid “Poly-pharmacy.” Taking too many synthetic medications can often have serious side effects when combined.
- Don’t accept “Status quo.” Unless your provider can provide current literature regarding your condition, look elsewhere. (Data in textbooks are often outdated)
- Don’t be afraid of your own hormones. Studies do support their use in preventing osteoporosis, heart disease, breast cancer, and dementia.
- Avoid eating too many foods that are white, wheat, or sweet
Trivia: You should feel comfortable speaking to your provider about all of your health issues.