Top Christmas Activities In The Boise Area
Here at 107.9 Lite FM, we absolutely LOVE the holidays and can’t wait to start celebrating. With Christmas just around the corner, here are some Treasure Valley activities to get you in the spirit! Gather your family, friends and those you love most and enjoy this wonderful time of the year!
Hop aboard Santa's Express Train for an unforgettable ride through Idaho's wilderness to Santa's village. Whether you have kids or just want to spend a magical night with a loved one, this scenic ride along the Payette River has something for everyone.
- The executive class fare includes a ride in a luxury parlor car and complimentary drink & snacks during the trip (Adults 21+).
- The standard class fare has open access seating with snacks and drinks available for purchase.
Each magical train ride is a 1.5 hours round-trip from Horseshoe Bend to Montour, ID.
Nov. - Dec. - Mon-Fri 10a-4p | Sat 10a-3p | Sun 10a-1p
Check out a 'Live Nativity Scene' to reflect on the meaning of Christmas and the birth of Jesus. Celebrate by joining your Treasure Valley community at one of these showings:
Explore Idaho's native and exotic plants as they dazzle in the winter night. Over 300,000 lights are strung to make the gardens come to life this holiday season. With hot cocoa in hand, live choirs singing joyfully and fire barrels providing heat; this will be a Boise holiday tradition you won't want to pass up.
- General admission Adult & Youth tickets are available on site and at all eight Treasure Valley Mountain West Bank locations.
Nov. - Jan. | Nightly 6-9pm
The NEW Village At Meridian is the perfect destination to get you in the mood for the holidays season. If you're in the mood to stay warm and cozy, the Village Cinema has an amazing 60' wide-screen to see the latest Hollywood flick. Shopping more your style? Get your last minute gifts at any of their retails shops including Marshals, Charming Charlie, Nike Factory Store and more. There is also an ice skating rink for those who want to enjoy wintery seasonal festivities.
Hop in your car and visiting outrageous & elaborate light displays! Thanks to our KTVB.com, here are a few Treasure Valley favorites:
- 2488 E. Tiger Lily Drive, Boise - Provides a 10-minute show synchronized to music.
- 305 Walnut Creek Way in Nampa - Expect to see a working 21-foot lighted ferris wheel! Weekend evenings you can catch Santa and his elves with hot cocoa and candy canes in hand.
- Hidden Springs - The whole community participates, well worth the drive.