Top 10 Things We Lie About!
When you heard people talking about Syria, did you shake your head, frown, and say, “Terrible, terrible situation over there” . . . even though you had no idea what the heck they were talking about? You’re not alone.
According to a new study, 80% of us admit we sometimes tell LIES to try to look more intelligent. Here are the top 10 ways we lie to seem smarter . . .
1. Lying about high-brow BOOKS we’ve read.
2. Changing our appearance to look smarter . . . like wearing glasses.
3. Looking up famous quotes to drop in conversation.
4. Exaggerating our academic achievements.
5. Pretending to be able to speak a foreign language.
6. Exaggerating our job status.
7. Pretending to know about WINE.
8. Calling popular movies GARBAGE even though you secretly love them.
9. Re-tweeting news to seem like we’re up on current events.
10. Frantically researching the news to try to have a few talking points before dinner parties.