Tawsha’s Holi-Do: Part 1
There are moments where an idea comes together completely unplanned. I grabbed my son's art supplies and whipped this glitter reindeer up. I threw it in a picture frame and now I have holiday artwork. Success! It's simple to do, here's how:
Glitter Reindeer Art
- Elmer's glue (or craft glue)
- Printable (two options below)
- Cardstock paper
- Picture frame
I keep seeing these cute glitter reindeer photos, wall-hangings and figurines all over Pinterest. I wanted to look for something to buy but it's insanely expensive. Has the price of glitter gone up or something? The idea left my mind until I started decorating my mantle and had nothing I really liked.
In comes the glitter reindeer!
- Put cardstock in printer and print the full reindeer HERE (pictured above) or just the head HERE.
- Place cardstock on the frame and trace around the edge
- Cut paper to frame size
- Using glue, trace around and color in the reindeer image
- Dump a ton of glitter on the reindeer covering the glue completely
- Let sit for a few minutes
- Tap the glitter off into the container or your hair or wherever you want it to land
Note: Only frame immediately after your glitter escapade if you are NOT putting the glass on the front. If you are adding the glass to the frame (as in, protecting the picture), let glue dry overnight so you don't squish the reindeer.
Do you have a Holi-Do or a Holi-Don't? Submit it HERE. You could win $100 in tickets from the Idaho Lottery.