Burn Off the Calories in Your Favorite Holiday Dessert at the YMCA Christmas Run; Win a FREE Entry
What's your favorite holiday treat? Eggnog? Fruit cake? Sugar Cookies? You'll never believe how long it would take you to burn off the calories!
When it comes to Christmas Cookies, I have little to no self control over how many of them I eat. On Christmas Day at my dad's house, there's just so many of them sitting on the kitchen table that I don't even think when I grab one each time I pass through the room. My only salvation? I'm training for the Lake Lowell marathon this spring, so I know it's only a matter of time until I run off those cookies.
The real question? How long will I be running before I "earn" those Christmas cookies? According to PopSugar, here's how long it takes to run off some of your holiday treats.
- Fruit cake: 46 minutes
- Apple pie: 42 minutes
- Eggnog: 35 minutes
- Gingerbread Man Cookie: 21 minutes
- Hot Cocoa: 20 Minutes + 2 minutes for every jumbo marshmallow
- Sugar Cookie without frosting: 12 minutes (also, who eats Sugar Cookies without frosting?! Heathens!)
- Fudge: 9 minutes
Before you get completely bummed out by seeing those numbers, I've got some good news! Unless you're a world class athlete, you'd be on the course at the YMCA Christmas Run for longer than 46 minutes if you choose the 6 mile race!
Lip Sync for a FREE Entry
The Treasure Valley Y is celebrating the 12 Days of Christmas Run and is giving away free entries all week on Facebook! There's a different challenge each day and today's challenge is a "Lip Sync Contest!" Here's how to get yourself in the game!
- On your Facebook Page, share a video (at least 20 seconds long) of yourself lip synching to your favorite Christmas Song from LITE-FM! Make sure the post is set to PUBLIC so we can find it!
- When you're posting the video include the following post: "“Hey! I want to run off all my Christmas cookies at the YMCA Christmas Run! Help me win an entry by liking my lip-sync video! Most likes gets into the race for free!” You must tag the 107.9 LITE-FM and Treasure Valley YMCA Facebook pages as well.
- Get your friends to like the video! The contestant with the most likes by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, December 17th will win a FREE entry into the race!
Good luck and get creative! I were still in town for the race this year, I would've put together a killer video of NSYNC's "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays!"